[linux-dvb] CinergyT2 locking problem when tuning to ARD bouquet
bluez at thomae-privat.de
Tue Jun 20 18:50:01 CEST 2006
I already wrote to the VDR list about this problem (see below), but got
In short, viewing DVB-T channels from the ARD bouquet (the lowest
transmission band, I think) works very well with my CinergyT2 (SNR
~70-75% according to femon), but when switching back and forth between
this bouquet and others, sooner or later locking is 'lost'. Other
channels still work. Locking can be regained by re-plugging the USB
cable (and restarting VDR).
Meanwhile, I also tested with firmwares 1.06 and 1.04, to no avail.
Interestingly, I could also reproduce this problem under Windows. So
maybe this is a defective device? Or a problem with the firmware? Or do
others also have such kinds of problems?
I'd be greatful for any help/hints.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] CinergyT2 "frontend timed out" when switching to ARD
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:50:16 +0200
From: Matthias Thomae <bluez at thomae-privat.de>
Reply-To: VDR Mailing List <vdr at linuxtv.org>
To: vdr at linuxtv.org
I've been trying to get my Cinergy T2 USB box working properly with VDR,
but I get the "frontend timed out" error message sometimes when
switching to ARD (or another channel in the same bouquet), and the
screen remains blank (error message below). The 'sometimes' varies from
2 to maybe 20 times.
After the error occurs, I can still view other channels, but none in the
ARD bouquet. Restarting VDR doesn't help, neither unloading/loading the
cinergyT2 kernel module. After unplugging the USB cable I can again view
ARD until the error occurrs again.
I tried with VDR 1.4.0-1 and 1.3.49 from e-tobi.net, kernel 2.6.17-rc4
and 220.127.116.11, on 2 different machines (one with the USB box only, one
with an additional full-featured DVB-S card). The CinergyT2 is running
There are similar reports on www.vdr-portal.de, one claims the problem
vanished after doubling the CinergyT2 kernel tuning parameters and
changing channels.conf entries from I0 to I999
I also tried this, but the problem remains.
Jun 4 18:24:36 localhost vdr:  switching to channel 19
Jun 4 18:24:36 localhost vdr:  transfer thread ended (pid=4101,
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  TS buffer on device 1 thread ended
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  buffer stats: 58844 (2%) used
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  receiver on device 1 thread ended
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  buffer stats: 115996 (5%) used
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  transfer thread started (pid=4106,
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  receiver on device 1 thread
started (pid=4107, tid=4107)
Jun 4 18:24:37 localhost vdr:  TS buffer on device 1 thread
started (pid=4108, tid=4108)
Jun 4 18:24:46 localhost vdr:  frontend 0 timed out while tuning
to channel 19, tp 184
vdr mailing list
vdr at linuxtv.org
More information about the linux-dvb