[linux-dvb] ASUS P7131 DUAL DVB-T enable dvb-t asus p7131 dual + fm saa7134

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Tue Jun 20 22:38:29 CEST 2006

Hi, Bertand

Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> On Monday 19 June 2006 23:26, hermann pitton wrote:
>
>>Am Montag, den 19.06.2006, 12:59 +0000 schrieb franck desbois:
>>
>>>hello
>>>
>>>i's for your information : 2.6.15-25-k7 ( 2.6.15-25-43) on ubuntu dapper
>>>6.06
>>>
>>>i want you notify when i install my asus p7131 on another hard disk on
>>>the same computer if i use the mercurial snapshot of linuxtv  v4l-dvb (
>>>hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb) my card doesn't work, i have got
>>>many error messages,  but when i use this snapshot (hg clone
>>>http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb) it works.
>>>
>>>final world of cup : france vs deutschland ?
>>>
>>>franck
>>
>>Hi!
>>
>>Seems some are still against it ;)
>>But the cards should do.
>>
>>Just tried the current mercurial master repository and find no problems.
>>Maybe you had some of the older modules still loaded?
>>(analog not yet tested)
>>
>>I'll try to send to the video4linux-list too. Bertrand is trying on
>>almost the same card, also in Paris. He has the analog part working,
>>but some trouble with DVB-T and maybe mplayer timeouts. He added a
>>positive offset of 165KHz to the channels and dvbscan and channels.conf
>>seems OK. If it is not working already now, maybe you can help each
>>other.
>

> Hartmut was right, it works for some channels with Xine.
> Mlayer can get anyone.
> I will try with tzap and see if I can get all the channels but
> it looks like the short timeout for the tuning was the issue.

Oh, good to know!
May i ask you to investigate this further and then post a "fixed"
channnels.conf file?
You are not the only one who has these problems ;-)
The big question is how to continue with this:
I could fix this in the channel decoder driver
- either with a quite dirty fix which has disadvantages
- or with a clean solution which requires to put the driver into a
   kernel thread. This is a significant amount of work.
I still think the best solution is to handle this with a scanning
utility. We might extend and polish the w_scan utility for this.

Hartmut