[linux-dvb] [FIX] v4l-algo: tuning broken in dvb_frontend where get_tune_settings is NULL

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Sun Jun 25 06:17:30 CEST 2006

Manu Abraham wrote:

> Hello Mauro,
>
> Please pull from
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/v4l-algo?cmd=changeset;node=b0079105846d;style=gitweb
>

> Fix an Oops for all fe which have get_frontend_algo == NULL.
>
> Thanks to Johannes for pointing out the bug.

Manu,

In your v4l-algo tree, changeset b0079105846d does indeed fix the oops,
however tuning is still broken.
Joachim Steiger has pointed out a way to fix this.  Please see
changesets 75cfcb83e247 and b41adf921bb9 in my tree:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/v4l-algo

Either we must fix this for all frontends, or dvb_frontend.c must be
fixed to prevent this problem.

If you choose the former, then please pull from:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/v4l-algo

for the following:

- tda1004x: fixes that fe->ops.tuner_ops.set_params was not called anymore
- lgdt330x: create get_frontend_algo to fix tuning

 lgdt330x.c |    7 +++++++
 tda1004x.c |    7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 14 insertions(+)

I'm not sure which other frontend will need this.  (probably many).  I
think it would be better if this could be fixed within dvb_frontend instead.

What do you think?

Regards,

Mike