[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel Oops with Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T USB2

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Sun Jun 25 06:24:47 CEST 2006

Oliver Endriss wrote:

>Manu Abraham wrote:
>

>>Alan Nisota wrote:

>>>This looks similar to what I've been seeing on all cards.
>>>Looks like get_frontend_algo isn't initialized by most drivers.
>>>

>>Please use the patch over here to fix it temporarily.
>>http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/v4l-algo?cmd=changeset;node=b0079105846d;style=gitweb
>>

>Imho this patch is not correct: misplaced else clause:
>dvb_frontend_swzigzag() is not called if fe->ops.get_frontend_algo == 0.

Manu,

I think Oliver is right.  This explains why your patch fixes the oops
and breaks tuning.  In which case, dont pull from my tree as described
in my previous email...    (v4l-algo: tuning broken in dvb_frontend
where get_tune_settings is NULL)

Fixing the misplaced else clause should be enough to fix it globally.

Cheers,

Mike