[linux-dvb] USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Nick Rolfe nickrolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 03:31:36 CEST 2006

> > I'm also having trouble with the IR receiver (I
> > get no /dev/usb/hiddev0 device created),
>
> I don't think you will. This card wont create a hiddev device, but an
> input event device. You can see this in the dmesg output below.
>
> > dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
> > dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> > demuxer.
> > DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
> > DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
> > input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input3
>
> This maps to /dev/input/event3 and if you've compiled lirc with
> dev/input support, you're home and hosed.
>
> Check for threads on this list entitled "Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV
> DVB-T Dual Digital card" and see if that helps.

Thanks Trevor, and also Peter Fern, you both had the same idea, and I
now have the remote working. I was trying to go by Chris Pascoe's
instructions <http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/>
compiling Lirc with the 'dvico' driver and using /dev/usb/hiddev0. As
suggested I had to use Lirc's 'devinput' driver with /dev/input/event2
(although I suspect each time I plug the USB cable back in it will
start using /dev/input/eventX where X increments).

I've not tried any further to get the USB half of the card tuning, but
at least the box should be useable for Myth.

Cheers :)

-Nick