[linux-dvb] Is firmware needed for KNC1 DVB-C-card?

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Wed Jun 28 22:57:42 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:48, Peter Schram wrote:
> > Can you send me a short (e.g. 1mb) sample of it?
>
> Sure, here it is.

ta.. this a dump of the first packet in the transport stream:

Sync-Byte 0x47: 71 (0x47)
Transport_error_indicator: 0 (0x00)
Payload_unit_start_indicator: 0 (0x00)
transport_priority: 0 (0x00)
PID: 2010 (0x07da)  [= NIT, PMT or Elementary PID, etc.]
transport_scrambling_control: 3 (0x03)  [= TS packet scrambled with Odd Key]
adaptation_field_control: 1 (0x01)  [= no adaptation_field, payload only]
continuity_counter: 11 (0x0b)

Its encrypted - which is why mplayer isn't able to play it... but it looks
like a valid stream. What program are you using to control your CAM? I'm not
sure if mplayer is able to do that or not...

Anyway, it looks like the data is getting through now... I'll get a patch
together to fix it