[linux-dvb] KNC1 DVB-C Plus + CI - still failing :(

Bastian Friedrich bastian at bastian-friedrich.de
Thu Jun 29 00:20:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 23:40, you wrote:

> Looking at the most likely card on KNC1.com, the problem is the card
> supports analogue inputs *AND* a CI module.

In fact the card probably does support some analogue input via a S-Video
connector. I don't have the slightest idea why I should want this, but
anyway... I have it ;)

I was (obviously falsely) believing that the difference between the
Plus- and non-Plus cards was the existence (or non-existence,
respectively) of a CineView connector, but yes, the Plus version has
some analogue _and_ a CI connector.

> Previous cards didn't
> support this, so the driver is set up to assume if it sees an saa7113
> chip (for the extra inputs), then the card cannot have a CI module.

Well... This is no longer true :(

> This would have to be investigated by trying combinations out to see
> what works -  or else by asking the manufacturer for information.

If there is any additional help I can provide - I'll be glad to help :)

Thx & Regards,
   Bastian

 Bastian Friedrich                  bastian at bastian-friedrich.de
 Adress & Fon available on my HP   http://www.bastian-friedrich.de/
\ "In real love you want the other person's good.
\  In romantic love you want the other person."
\          Margaret Anderson