[linux-dvb] B2C2 SkyStar 2 - P/N 92105-20004U, Rev: 2.7U - support?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Thu Jun 29 08:51:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Stonie Cooper wrote:

> I have a new dual-voltage B2C2 DVB-S card - r2.7U; running the 2.6.16 kernel,
> when doing:
>
> modprobe b2c2-flexcop-pci
>
> I received no complaints in dmesg, but no warm fuzzy about detecting a device,
> either.  lspci shows this for the device:
>
> 01:00.0 Network controller: Gammagraphx, Inc. Unknown device 0000 (rev 02)
>
> Also, any attempt at szap, etc., yields failure to find a frontend.  B2C2
> supplied me with a IDT1000-PN1010 driver for the frontend - and it loads via
> insmod - but I still don't get a frontend.

This is strange.

> Has anyone else tried this card?

I have two samples at home, but currently there is no
LinuxTV-OpenSource-driver for that. The PN1010 is identical to the
s5h1420 - it is just another brand name. Support for the IDT1000 is
missing.

I have everything there to do it, but absolutely no time. If someone wants
to give the development a try, I can probably help.

regards,
Patrick.

  Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de