[linux-dvb] USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:00:52 CEST 2006

ok. I have tried a different approach now.

I have uninstalled lirc (I am using FC4, and was just using lirc as it
came, and using yum/smart to maintain it).

I have installed lirc from source (I think thats how you say it),
ensuring when I run the ./setup thing, that I selected the option
driver:devinput.

I have modified my /etc/sysconfig/lircd file as outlined on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVICO-Ultraview_Install_in_Australia#LIRC

I start the lircd thingo with the command:
"lircd -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event6"

I then start irrecord with the command
"irrecord -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event6"

Upon which I am told that I dont have permission to acces
/dev/input/event6. Which, upon checking, I dont.

I switch to the root user, and the message is much more promising, and
it tells me to hold down an arbitary button. I do so, and eventually
get:
irrecord: gap not found, can't continue
irrecord: closing '/dev/input/event6'

Now I'm stumped. I dont know what else to try. Can anyone tell me what
I've  done wrong?