[linux-dvb] Skystar 2 freezes my Red Hat

Daniel García pumukite at yahoo.es
Wed Mar 1 17:28:51 CET 2006

Hi list

I'm using linuxtv driver 1.1.1 into kernel 2.4.37.ELsmp with a skystar2 card rev 2.6.

The driver is compiled but when running "insmod.sh load", the insmod skystar2.o instruction freezes my computer and I have to shut it down by hand!
If the card is no pluged in the pci or I comment the "insmod skystar2.o" the insmod.sh reach the end.(obviously).
It seems that any problem is found when trying to register the card or perhaps the compilation was not fine? no errors are shown after make (except no firmware for one of the available cards)

I don't have videodev in my actual kernel, but I need the card to receive data from satellite network.

Has anyone had a similar problem? anyone knows where to find out?

PLEASE, I'm mad with the problem, any help would be higly appreciated.

cheers.

Dani.