[linux-dvb] Re: videodev.ko not installed when using v4l-dvb (HG) and conflicting symbols

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Fri Mar 3 23:29:01 CET 2006

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Michael,
>
> 	As we've discussed on chat, just removing the option is not a solution.
> videodev is included on some kernel configs, when statically linked in
> kernel.

It is fine to keep the conditionals when building videodev.ko, but there seems
to be a problem with the final conditional to actually install it.

On several test boxes, with a vanilla kernel, videodev.ko does not get copied to
 /lib/mod*/.  It builds, but just does not get installed.  I dont see the harm
in  this patch.  There are other objects that do not install because they were
not built and can safely be ignored.

Best Regards,