[linux-dvb] FM radio support for Hybrid cx88 card & official releases?

Paul Wilson paul at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Mar 4 21:51:49 CET 2006

I have a DNTV Pro card (card=42), and would like to know if the FM radio
support is active for this card and how I can use this under Linux.
I guess its not a big deal as I have a "real" FM radio nearby just
wanted to know if support for radio is in V4L driver.

Q2.
BTW is there an official release schedule or notification for V4L-DVB
updates?
ie when should I update modules?

Thanks

system log:
cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.5 loaded
CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 1822:0025, board: digitalnow DNTV Live! DVB-T
Pro [card=42,insmod option]
TV tuner 63 at 0x1fe, Radio tuner -1 at 0x1fe
input: cx88 IR (digitalnow DNTV Live!  as /class/input/input2
..
tuner 3-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (cx88[0])
tuner 3-0061: type set to 63 (Philips FMD1216ME MK3 Hybrid Tuner)
tda9887 3-0043: chip found @ 0x86 (cx88[0])
cx88[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]
cx88[0]/0: registered device vbi0
cx88[0]/0: registered device radio0

Paul