[linux-dvb] typhoon usb dvb-t card low signal

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Mar 5 16:04:02 CET 2006

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Bertrand Marquis wrote:
> I have gone a little bit deeper using an usb sniffer under windows to be able
> to compare what is done by the linux and the windows driver.
>
> It seems that the pid filters set by windows are a little bit different which
> can result in less transfert under windows.
> So here are the packets i have under windows:
> - 05 : reset pid table
> - 04 00 00 00
> - 04 01 12 00
> - 04 02 e0 00
> - 04 03 e1 00
> - 04 04 e2 00
> - 04 06 e7 00
>
> and under linux:
> - 04 00 31 01
> - 04 01 32 01
> - 04 02 00 00
> and there is no reset of the pid table.

the reset is not important. Only at channel change and there it is done.

> Can someone explain if this can be the reason and how can i solve this ?

in windows the application just receives more PIDs at the same time, don't
know why.

> Le Samedi 4 Mars 2006 12:08, Bertrand Marquis a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm still trying to make my  typhoon dvb-t usb box card work and i was
>> wondering if that could help:
>>
>> The output of dvbtraffic with tzap running in one channel is:
>> [bma at localhost ~]$ dvbtraffic
>> 0000     3 p/s     0 kb/s     4 kbit
>> 0131  1400 p/s   257 kb/s  2105 kbit
>> 0132   103 p/s    18 kb/s   155 kbit
>> 2000  1507 p/s   276 kb/s  2266 kbit
>> -PID--FREQ-----BANDWIDTH-BANDWIDTH-
>>
>> Shouldn't i have more entries ?

No. When you start tzap it only requests the pid for audio and video
stored in your channels.conf.

In fact this output looks very normal, that the bandwidth of the video is
low, but as this is only a snapshot of dvbtraffic this can be normal.

I really cannot explain why you cannot play the video.

Did you try with storing it in a file and play it afterwards?

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de