[linux-dvb] AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800) question

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Mar 5 21:28:29 CET 2006

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Gunther Mayer wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems to be Gunther is sending his requests mails "blindly" to everyone
>> and creates confusion. Sorry to say, but this is the second time I saw a
>> user getting slightly confused by Gunther requesting infos for his gallery
>> as an answer to a driver-problem-mail.
>>
>> Although I like the idea of the galery, there must be a better way to
>> acquire information.
>>
> Patrick, I don`t know a better way to get this information. If this creates
> some slight confusion
> that can be corrected easily. The users seem to be more confused by existence
> of all these hardware variations (and I did not expect the gallery would grow
> so
> much, but this reflects the growing market).

For some DVB-USB devices a good source of information about the
internals can be found on http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB
although without pictures and IDs.

Maybe the name "bttv" is not good anymore... I remember the first
confusion I saw was that the user thought his USB device contains bttv,
which was not the case ;) .

What about multimedia-devices-galery.org ? :)

Keep on the good work.

best regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de