[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan Vision Plus & WinFast DTV1000-T

Edgar Toernig froese at gmx.de
Mon Mar 6 11:16:20 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:58 +1000, Matt Pratt wrote:

> So even lspci -x was showing that the Subsystem Id and Subsustem
> Vendor Id were being cleared to zeros in the PCI config space of this
> card.

The Bt878 fetches the subsystem IDs from an external rom/eeprom via
its I2C bus.  If it can't fetch them, they are set to 0000/0000.
Iirc, Matt also showed in an earlier message that the frontend can't
be contacted when the subsystem IDs are 0.  Looks as if someone is
hogging the I2C bus so that it becomes non-functional.

I don't know the card - is it possible, that the I2C bus is also
connected to some GPIO pins that are in an undefined state during/
after reset?

Ciao, ET.