[linux-dvb] DVB on mac mini??

DAniele Gobbetti gdaniele at gmx.net
Mon Mar 6 12:52:19 CET 2006

Hi Joey,

> I want run Twinhan Magic-box on my mac mini (Fedora code 4)
> And load firmware (dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw) to Twinhan Magic-box
> I cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr ,but nothing
> But on my another PC(P4-Fedora code 4) ,it works very good
>
> firmware (dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw) can not support  PowerPC or ARM ???

I did'nt have any problem with a twinhan magic box (until it fried
because of a bad unplug while decoding :'( ) on a debianized mac mini...
so I can confirm that the powerPC architecture is definitely not an
issue!

Currently I'm using a terratec cinergy T2 which is working very well on
the same system (it doesn't even need firmware upload).

I used to let the hotplug package manage the Twinhan box and it worked
flawlessly. Maybe you're having a power issue on your usb hub? (Just
guessing).

DAniele