[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-H Transport Stream available for download

Francesco Schiavarelli kaboom at tiscalinet.it
Wed Mar 8 19:22:22 CET 2006

Rainer.scherg wrote:
> Francesco Schiavarelli schrieb:
>> Rainer.scherg wrote:
>>>
>>> you may also use dvbsnoop to set a pid filter and save the result
>>> to a file:
>>>
>>> dvbsnoop -s ts -if input_ts.dat  -b 0x234  > output_ts1.dat
>>> dvbsnoop -s ts -if input_ts.dat  -b 0x567  > output_ts2.dat
>>>
>>> rasc
>>>

>> Yes, but then I have to parse IP/UDP/RTP headers and try sending the
>> raw stream to mplayer.
>> Maybe I'm better setting up a multicast router for online decoding and
>> a tcpreply/tcprewrite script for offline decoding.
>>

> Why do you have to parse IP/UDP headers?
> Using -b option, dvbsnoop just writes the filtered stream.
>
> You could do ugly things like:
>
> Sender:
>  dvbstream pid  server ...
>
> Receiving site:
>  dumprtp | dvbsnoop -s ts -if - -b  0x0PID | tee stream1.out  | ....
>
> (also netcat should be possible)
>

> rasc

Sorry, but maybe I didn't make myself clear.
My goal is not to dump transport stream packets to disk or send them
over the network.
My goal is to play-back AVC video and AAC audio sent as multicast UDP
over DSM-CC datagrams, that is what you'll find in the stream I linked
(at least this is what dvbsnoop reported).

thanks
Francesco