[linux-dvb] Freecom DVB-T USB stick and firmware reload on soft reboot causes a kernel panic

Steven Ellis mail_lists at stevencherie.net
Mon Mar 13 05:20:35 CET 2006

Running one of these in my Knoppmyth based PVR. Had to build a custom
2.6.15 kernel to get the DVB-T drivers working correctly, but for the
most part no issues with the unit except when I perform a reboot. If I
do a cold boot from power off everything is fine, but if I do a warm
boot from a simple restart the system crashes when it attempts to init
the firmware on the unit.

Has anyone else seen this problem with USB based DVB-T units?

Steve