[linux-dvb] Re: KNC One TV Star DVB-S satellite setup

Eduard Werner edi.werner at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 11:49:28 CET 2006

Hello,

I have my card working (more or less), but there is one thing toget straight.
On my digital receiver (HUMAX), hotbird is the satellite I receive best and
most programmes we receive from hotbird. With my DVB card, I was only able to
get programmes from Astra 19.2. Scanning any of the other satellites (from
kaffeine) reveals no channels at all although the signal seems to be there
(mostly better than the signal from Astra 19.2).

The other problem is: as soon as there is some action (and be it only a single
email arriving) I get cubes and missing/hacked sound. I have an Athlon XP
2000, but I tend to think it might be the hd setup. Should the recording go
to a different partition formatted with jfs rather than ext3? Any experience?

Thanks for all the help, and cheers

Edi