[linux-dvb] PES Headers

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Sat Mar 18 08:31:12 CET 2006

    Foo> Yes, I have stripped PES headers and audio plays fine in all
    Foo> players (vlc, mplayer, xmms, winamp :-)). I was able to play
    Foo> the PES stream with xine but still not with vlc or mplayer.
    Foo> I have looked at vdr recordings and I see only PES a/v
    Foo> packets in them (no MPEG pack header or anything).  I'm going
    Foo> to try and multiplex the audio PES stream with a my vidoe PES
    Foo> stream and see if I can play in mplayer.

You should not multiplex audio and video PES streams, it would be
better to use elemetary streams. If those PES streams have never been
in a stream together the PES header don't really give you any
information and you would me safer just using the elementary streams
and mplex.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|