[linux-dvb] More on the cx24123

Garnet MacPhee garnet at signalpeak.net
Sun Mar 19 22:11:26 CET 2006

Yeasah Pell wrote:
> I've been messing around more with the KWorld DVB-S 100 (cx24123
> frontend) card I have here trying to get something tuned, and finally
> had some succcess this weekend.

I have been trying to get this card to work, so far without success. I had posted a question to the
forum on March 14 regarding the /dev/dvb entries not being set up.

I would be especially interested to know what version of the kernel you are running, and whether you
have applied any patches. Also, I would like to know how you have defined the card in .config.

I have held off buying and installing a dish and lnb until I am sure the card is working. Is it
necessary to have the cable from the lnb connected in order to set up /dev/dvb? I would think it
would not be.

Thanks and good luck with your card.