[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem - suggested code fix

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 15:36:57 CET 2006

Hi Hartmut,

I started again from the top with yet another clean install of
gentoo. This time the kernel version was 2.6.15r7.
This time, when I modprobe saa7134 the card is recognized correctly
with PCI ID of 185b:c900, with NO CODE MODs.
I have not yet tested to see if the cards actually work - I will post
another reply only if they do not.
I have not yet checked the remote control issue as I have not yet got
that far. I will post a reply to that message when I have tested it.

I recommend that you do not make the patch I previously suggested as
both my cards are now correctly recognized. There is obviously
something else weird going on that I don't understand ... it is very
odd that I should see the same erroneous behavior for OSS SuSE 10.0
64 bit and for Gentoo compiled for AMD64, then have it behave
correctly when I reinstall Gentoo, still targeted at AMD64.

Regards,
James.