[linux-dvb] bt8xx docu fixes and other docu fixes

Edgar Toernig froese at gmx.de
Thu Mar 23 21:30:19 CET 2006

Uwe Bugla wrote:

> +In the following cases overriding the PCI type detection for dvb-bt8xx
> might be necessary:
>
> +2a) Running TwinHan and Clones
> +------------------------------
> +    $ modprobe bttv card=113
>
> +2b) Running multiple cards
> +--------------------------
> +
> +    $ modprobe bttv card=113 card=135
> +    $ modprobe dvb-bt8xx

Is this really true?  Afaics, all of these cards should be autodetected.
If the autodetection in the bttv driver will not work, the new probe
code in bt878.c would be in trouble too.

I saw reports where the autodetect was not working (subsys-id nulled) but
in those cases the hardware was non-working anyway (hosed i2c bus) and
forcing a card-id wouldn't help (escpecially with the current bt878 probe
as it doesn't know anything about bttv's card option - it will simply
reject the card).

So, unless I got something wrong, I would suggest to remove all references
to the card option from Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt.

Ciao, ET.