[linux-dvb] Re: Problems compiling latest mercurial

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri Mar 24 20:17:00 CET 2006

Luis Ochoa wrote:
> On 3/24/06, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at linuxtv.org> wrote:
>
>> Luis Ochoa wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, as the subject says. Any ideas?
>>> Thanks!
>> The mercurial tree will not be compatible with your non-standard
>> kernel.... Your kernel is reporting itself as a 2.6.15 kernel, but it
>> contains semaphore to mutex conversions backported from 2.6.16
>>
>> either:
>>
>> a) grab a vanilla kernel
>>
>> or b) my famous new quote:
>>
>> -EOUTOFLUCK
>>
> Thank you Michael.
> So if I understand correctly, latest mercurial is compat with 2.6.15
> but _not_ with 2.6.16 ? (at least not yet)

The mercurial tree is compatable with 2.6.15, 2.6.16, and all other
VANILLA kernels since 2.6.10, maybe even earlier.....

The problem is that you are using a kernel that has 2.6.16 code in it,
but it is reporting that it is 2.6.15.  This causes a failure in our
kernel version tests, and this is the reason why build fails for you.

You are not using a VANILLA kernel.

Now, some non-vanilla kernels will work... but this one doesnt because
of the situation described above.

HTH,

--
Michael Krufky