[linux-dvb] freecom USB dvb-t -- new vendor/product ID 14aa:022a

Mikel Martin mikel.martin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:12:48 CET 2006

I've exactly the same problem with a Rebdell DVB-t usb stick, it has the
same vendor/productID.

I´m new to linuxtv, so I can't help very much yet.

What I have discovered so far is that this new devices use the ZL10353
(http://products.zarlink.com/product_profiles/ZL10353.htm) instead of the
MT352 chip for the COFDM demodulation.

I see something is beeing done to support this new devices
(http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/zl10353?cmd=changeset;node=17df2bee3336;
style=gitweb) because i see zl10353.c a so on. I´ve downloaded this files
and compiled them.

Now I have the zl10353.ko but when I try to insmod ./zl10353.ko I get the
following error:

insmod: error inserting './zl10353.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

And in the dmesg:

zl10353: Unknown symbol kzalloc

Any help?