[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 03:53:17 CEST 2006

Mark Callaghan wrote:

>James wrote:
>

>><snip>
>>For interest's sake - you are using FC4 - on what hardware? It would be
>>interesting to see if there are similarities. My experiences are on:
>>gentoo (previously SuSE OSS 10.0) 64 bit.
>>AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ CPU
>>Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard with NFORCE3 chipset
>>2 x Compro VideoMate DVB-T300
>>some brand of video card based on NVidia 6600GT, 256MB
>>1GB RAM
>>300GB SATA disk
>>
>>I am currently using the 2.6.16 kernel as there has been a fix since
>>2.6.15 relating to loading multiple saa7134 cards and getting sound
>>working on all of them.
>>
>>Regards,
>>James.
>>

>I have FC4 on an EPOX nForce3 MB
>Sempron 3100+
>1 x ComproVideoMate DVB-T300
>generic nVidia FX5200
>512MB RAM, 250GB SATA
>
>I think its a 2.6.15 kernel - but I'm not near the box right now.
>
>nForce3 a common factor?
>
>Cheers,
>Mark

nForce3 is a common factor. Are you using a 64 bit kernel?
Note that I have seen the same behaviour with:
* 2.6.12 kernel under SuSE OSS 10.0 with linux-dvb code compiled from
the repository source from both before and after the move to a common
tree incorporating all the dvb stuff
* 2.6.15 kernel under gentoo
* 2.6.16 kernel under gentoo
all in 64 bit mode. I have not tried 32 bit mode.

Cheers,
James.