[linux-dvb] broadcast data over skyDSL?

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 29 13:07:31 CEST 2006

Hello mailinglist,
today I got an idea.

Is it possible to broadcast data over the dvb (datamode)?

So if one person orders an skydsl (internet over Sat) and he starts an
download, then every dvb-s user can receive the data.
As I know the dvb driver (datamode) filters the data for the right MAC
Adress, but if we fake the MAC Adress then we can receive the data.

I know that there are services for much money to provide this download.

Possible capabilities are: software updates, metadaten for movies,
Videoondemand, streaming,....

All this for only the price of one skydsl connection.

Maybe this is illegal, but this is not the point. Is it possible?

Best regard
Patrick