[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Fri Mar 31 01:23:46 CEST 2006

Gunther Mayer wrote:

> Can you do one more experiment
> - cold boot (but do not load saa7134 module, e.g. you can rename it
> before this experiment)
> - then warm boot (without loading the module)
> - report "lspci -vn"
> => This will prove if misdetection is triggered by out driver (or has
> another root cause)
>
> Gunther

My previous post was rejected because it was too big - I included too
much detail ... here's the abbreviated version
Three cases tried:
1) lspci -vn after a cold boot wihtout loading the module
2) lspci -vn after a warm boot without loading the module (not loaded
since the machine was powered up)
3) lspci -vn after a warm boot where the module was loaded prior to the
reboot

1 & 2 give identical results (only the entries for the two TV cards are
shown in order to keep the post brief)

02:07.0 0480: 1131:7134 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 185b:c900
        Memory at f6004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

02:09.0 0480: 1131:7134 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 185b:c900
        Memory at f6005000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

3 is different:

02:07.0 0480: 1131:7134 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 1850:0000
        Memory at f6004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

02:09.0 0480: 1131:7134 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 1850:0000
        Memory at f6005000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

Note that the only difference is the PCI ID. All other entries are identical - I have trimmed them out to keep the post short.