[linux-dvb] Terratec CInergy Hybrid T USB XS FR and indexes of sound cards...

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:13:39 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/2/06, David BERCOT <david.bercot at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have many problems with my Terratec card but, first of all, I'd like
> to order my sound cards...
> Maybe I'm a bit out of subject ?
>
> Well, previously, I used a file : /etc/modprobe.d/sound (Debian) with
> indexes. Now, it doesn't seem to work...
> It was :
> alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> options snd-intel8x0 index=0
> options snd-usb-audio index=1
>
> But I don't know how finding the name of each module...
>
> The result of cat /proc/asound/cards is :
> 0 [FR             ]: USB-Audio - Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS FR
>                       TerraTec Electronic GmbH Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS
> FR at usb-0000:00:1d.7-1, high
>  1 [U0x46d0x8ad    ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x8ad
>                       USB Device 0x46d:0x8ad at usb-0000:00:1d.0-2, full
> speed
>  2 [ICH6           ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
>                       Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 50
>  3 [Modem          ]: ICH-MODEM - Intel ICH6 Modem
>                       Intel ICH6 Modem at 0x3400, irq 225
>

> Do you have any clue to modify these indexes ?

usbaudio seems to get initialized first, and that's it .. I'm sure
that reindexing won't work since it would have to release the device
files and reassign the new ones.
Just plug in the device when your box is up, or modify your boot scripts.

Something else, SECAM is now supported too, it would be nice if you
could test it?

cheers,
Markus