[linux-dvb] [av7110/budget/budget-ci/budget-av drivers] please test: drivers switched to I2C interrupt mode

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:14:35 CET 2006

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Hartmut, I2C transfers of the saa7146 may now use interrupt
> mode. It will be enabled for av7110, budget, budget-ci and budget-av
> drivers. This might reduce cpu load and speed-up tuning.

The Cinergy 1200 DVB-C card needs a second patch. The frontend is
accessed to fast after power-on/enable. The non interrupt mode starts a
retry after an address error. This gives the frontend the time for
power-on. The interrupt mode trusts the error logic of the SAA7146 and
doesn't use retries.

- Hartmut