[linux-dvb] Problems with conditional access programs

Sven Lindholm sven.lindholm at nym.se
Mon Nov 6 11:18:40 CET 2006

On 2 nov 2006, at 18.11, Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 17:55 +0100, Sven Lindholm wrote:
>> driver/card/CAM isn't keeping track properly.
> This is what it appears to be, but it's not the case. What does happen
> is that some i2c transfer between the bt878 and the dst fails, and the
> driver resets the card during the recovery.

>> Any ideas about how to go about solving or troubleshooting this?
> I don't know how to solve this problem, but I do know that reducing
> the
> i2c traffic on the bus does reduce it's frequency quite a bit. tip:
> don't run femon or similar apps. Somehow this problem has not
> bitten me
> much latly, not sure if any of my local patches mysteriously
> affects the
> situation.

Are there any possible solutions to this, other than as you say
minimizing the i2c traffic (I have nothing else running that can have
any impact on the i2c bus)? Can one tweak some i2c setting to prevent
the reset? Is this issue specific to the Twinhand cards, or could
another card be a solution?

Regards,
Sven