Freecom DVB-T card tuning, Re: [linux-dvb] Trouble with Pinnacle 310i DVB-T

Benjamin Gillam bsg104 at soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 7 20:48:58 CET 2006

When I last used the card (which makes my machine unstable for some
reason, so I don't use at present... see PS), I used Kaffeine to scan,
and it found many but not all channels. I intend to use the card with my
working mythtv setup, I do not want to have to have 2 lots of channel
configs (twice the channels) when the frequencies should be the same for
all cards. [I also have a different Freecom stick, which has worked
perfectly for a long time.]

I just want the same tuning to occur on both Freecom sticks, the old and
the new, seems like a sensible thing to do...? At the moment I have to
change the frequency for just the new stick.

Regards,

Benjie Gillam.

PS: Instability issues. I get a lot of the "recv bulk message failed:
-22" type messages (normally -110 seems to be harmless, -75 is a bit
iffy, but generally OK, and -22 means stuff is really messing around...
I have no idea what these numbers really mean, and there are more than
just these 3 displayed... Also, my quote is from memory). Recently after
having my computer on for more than around 24 hours, with both old and
new freecom cards plugged in (plus a Pinnacle 300i PCI and an old WinTV
analog PCI card) the keyboard and mouse would freeze. This would mean
that I could not wake X back up. The kernel was not dead, as by using
magic keys (alt+SysRq+[RSEIUB]) I was able to restart my machine
(fairly) cleanly. I still get this problem now from time to time, though
it is far less often now I have stopped using both Freecom cards. I
wonder if it is related to the usb bulk-recv errors?

Please tell me if I can be of help.