[linux-dvb] Medion SAA7134 and DVB-S - How?

Chris Winger Chris282 at gmx.net
Tue Nov 7 21:21:44 CET 2006

hermann pitton schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Am Dienstag, den 07.11.2006, 00:35 +0100 schrieb Hartmut Hackmann:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Chris Winger wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>>> If I start kaffeine, I get DVB-T to work. Kaffeine recognisez the card as:
>>> Using DVB device 0:0 "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T"
>>>
>>> Why TDA10046H instead of FMD1216ME?
>>>

>> TDA10046 is the channel decoder which is the "center of the frontend": Thats
>> correct.
>>

>>> Why is there no other device for DVB-S available?
>>>

>> Hm, does anybody know which channel decoder and tuner are used in the DVB-S
>> section?
>>

> Remember, we had this one on the video4linux-list.
>
> It has a conventional DVB-S can tuner, likely covered by dvb-pll or easy
> to add, at least all questions were asked.
>
> The problem was the not yet supported tda10086 channel decoder.
>
> This has changed and also no problems with the dual PCI bridge are
> expected, except Mike took care to disable it ;)
>
> Should be worth to dig it out.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Hi,
Are you referring to this thread?
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/video4linux-list/2006-August/msg00386.html
Just for clarification: My card is part of the Medion MD8386 PC, it's
not the MD8800 Quad card.

I also found this:
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.18-rc7/2.6.18-rc7-mm1/broken-out/git-dvb.patch

but honestly I don't know how to aply that...
Kind regards

Chris