[linux-dvb] HD-3000 and nVidia conflict?

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 20:27:58 CET 2006

I've seen this problem reported around the internet a bit but I'm not sure
what the status is.

Basically, any activity from my GeForce 6200 causes my HD-3000 to loose
signal lock--resulting in a very corrupted mpegs.  This makes watching
livetv impossible as well as bad recordings if I'm using my pc while a
recording is going on (even for non-intensive tasks like browsing the

Is this a known issue?  If so, is it the fault of the GPU, pchdtv, or the
driver?  Any hope of a resolution?  As always I will be more than happy to
debug/supply more info if anyone feels motivated to solve this.

This does not occur with my GeForce 4200 when I plug that into the same
system.  The problem does not seem to be limited to the 6200, as I've seen
posts reporting similar problems with different NVidia models.

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: