[linux-dvb] Re: Mantis VP-1027/VP-1033/VP-1034/VP-2033/VP-3033

Marko Ristola marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Sat Nov 11 08:38:13 CET 2006

The  MythTV single TS scanning problem might be
on MythTV, not on the driver.

I can repeat that with Kaffeine:
If I watch a channel during a scan, I can get only channels from one TS.
If I stop watching the channel, scanning finds channels from multiple TS.

With Finnish file "fi-HTV"
("C 274000000 6900000 AUTO QAM128" for kaffeine)
that TS contains information from other frequencies also.
So after scanning that TS, it changes frequency until all TSes are scanned.

I use cu1216.

Ealier I had also some reboot problems with scanning.
Now I don't have them anymore. I have now a newer kaffeine,
but the mantis driver hasn't changed. The latest kaffeine works fine
on Livna repository.

The patches that I sent are enough for me.

This is the last problem that I have:

When I do the following commands by hand:

#rmmod mantis
#rmmod cu1216
#modprobe mantis

dmesg:
DVB: registering new adapter (Mantis dvb adapter).
mantis_frontend_init (1): Probing for CU1216 (DVB-C)
mantis_frontend_init (1): !!! NO Frontends found !!!

Now the only fix that I know is to do a reboot.
I never need to remove mantis driver though.

I haven't tested suspending the computer at all.

Regards,
Marko Ristola