[linux-dvb] is AverMedia Volar 100% (or high%) supported?

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jose at tribulaciones.org
Sun Nov 12 11:12:10 CET 2006

El vie, 10-11-2006 a las 13:40 +0100, José Oliver Segura escribió:
>        Hi all,
>
>        maybe I can get an AverMedia Volar USB Stick. I've taken a look
> at the wiki, and there it appears under a section wich says "these
> devices will soon be fully supported". Since I don't know how
> up-to-date the wiki is, I've downloaded the source code and find/grep
> "volar". It appears and seems to be "supported"
>
>        am I right? or maybe is just some testing code? In the mailing
> list there are some threads (from october, I guess) that say it is
> recognised but no front end attached. Does it remain in the same
> state?
>
>        of course... I could try with the native driver, but I'm using
> FC6 with kernel 2.6.18, and it is not supported :(

  I can say it is almost 99% supported. The problem is that it seems
that the device sold in Spain has a different device_id than the one
sold in other places (perhaps a different card revision). I have sent
today a patch to fix this, but the easiest way is to edit dvb-usb-ids.h
file and change USB_PID_AVERMEDIA_VOLAR definition from 0xa807 to
0xb808, and recompile.

  This should make your device work.

  Regards,

--