[linux-dvb] USB2 DVB-S support

andrea venturi a.venturi at cineca.it
Wed Nov 15 07:08:32 CET 2006

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have been searching for a USB2 DVB-S receiver that is capable of
> receiving a full transport stream, with working Linux drivers.
> The last time I looked, the only USB capable receivers out there were
> v1.1, and incapable of receiving a full TS as a result.
> Are there any devices out there that are known to work?

actually there is at least this pinnaclesys pctv400e:

i see now that is called a "legacy product" because it's superseeded by
another device DVB-S2 compliant (and on linux DVB-S2 is still a WIP)

i own the pctv400e

it is composed by a bunch of well known chips, so Patrick Boettcher made
the first tentative of a driver:

and i tried to run it just one time with an oops..
i never had the time to work on it, because i've quite a busy schedule,
these days, anyway i'd like to make a second trial on a fresh 2.6.18
kernel and without the nvidia binary module that is tainting my PC!

i hope to post you about this, in the next days..

andrea venturi