[linux-dvb] No frontend with Nova-t stick

Dave Leatherdale dave at leatherdale.net
Wed Nov 15 21:22:51 CET 2006

On 15/11/06 08:46, "Patrick Boettcher" <patrick.boettcher at desy.de> wrote:

> Can you both play with the msleep in dib0700_core.c:232 ? It is already at
> 500ms (normally it should be 100ms) .
>
>> I wish companies would open up their specs a bit more. I could spend
>> time reading them rather than waiting for someone to have some free time
>> to work on it. I mustn't grumble though at least some progress has been
>> made.
>
> Releasing the specs to everyone would not help in this situation, because
> the problem which is seen by some of you is very specific to Linux/the
> Linux-driver. So far I have no real clue what it is. Maybe the msleep is
> not delaying things as its call claims to...

Done, unfortunately it's not made any difference I put 5000ms in it to be
sure.
It has increased the time between these messages but the right amount so I
guess it is sleeping correctly?

[  130.491217] dib0700: firmware started successfully.
[  135.492018] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.

Dave