[linux-dvb] Still no frontend on KNC1 DVB-C Card

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Sat Nov 18 02:20:14 CET 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 22:50, you wrote:

> > > That I do not know.
> > > But I can certainly find out.
> > > Would the tda10021 be part of the tuner or somewhere else on the board?
> >
> > Could be either really... if  its inside the tincan, knowing whats
> > printed on the outside of the tincan would help...
>
> I don't have a scan yet as my scanner doesn't really like it's
> host-system currently.
>
> But I have found a picture of the board on http://www.bttv-gallery.de -
> it's listet there as "probably KNC1 TV Station DVB-C" with this
> information:
>
> chips: saa7146ah, et al
> tuner: cu1216L/A I G H M     3139 147 19731
> pcb: Multi-Tuner card C0b
> pcb backside: KN2C011a
> pci-id: 1131:7146  subsystem-id: 1894:0020
>
> and that is exactly what I find on my board.
>
> According to google cu1216L s a TDA10021.

Yup - thats what I expected.

Just tried my card - it reports the following, and the TDA10021 is detected
ok:
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem d0994800 (revision 1, irq 185) (0x153b,0x1156).

Its a rebadged KNC1 DVBC card - Terratec Cinergy. I dunno quite what to
suggest now... obviously SOMETHING is different (as it works in windows), but
AFAIK, it should be working with the original code.

Hmm, I see the tda10021 has a configurable i2c address; could you give the
attached patch a go?

If that doesn't work, it might be something else like the PCI bus setup under
linux; try moving it to a different slot just to make sure (you've probably
already tried that if you've had it for months I suppose).