[linux-dvb] Still no frontend on KNC1 DVB-C Card

Sven Lankes sl at killefiz.de
Sat Nov 18 20:30:36 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 01:20:00PM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

>> It exist two versions of the Terratec Cinergy, one with the
>> CU1216/TDA10021 and another with the CU1216MK3/TDA10023. They have
>> different subsystem ids. I'm not sure, if there exist two versions of
>> the KNC1-DVB-C and if they have also different subsystem ids.

> Ah that would certainly explain it... the Terratec cards are just rebadged
> KNC1 cards (at least the older ones are). I assume the ones with the MK3 are
> newer?

I bought my KNC card from ebay roughly a year ago. So it's probably not
a "newer" card. Before I bought it, I asked the seller if there was
linux-support and he answered that they were working on it.

As I was able to find success stories of people having working
KNC1-DVB-C Cards with linuxtv-drivers I decided that the seller probably
didn't have clue and bought the card anyway ;)

> Sven - can you confirm the full string printed on the tincan on your card
> please?

It doesn't say MK3. The full text is:

3139 147 19731 N#
CU1216L/A I G H M