[linux-dvb] dvb-apps sourcecode with no license

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Mon Nov 20 02:50:53 CET 2006

Hi - I'd like to sort this out before we can release a new dvb-apps (I've
already been contacted by a distro asking for clarification on the licensing
situation). Note that I'm not trying to force people to use a specific
license - ANY OSS license will do, as long as there is one.

I have rewritten '*zap', and I am rewriting 'scan' from scratch under the GPL
to fix the problem with those - and also to use the new libs and make them
more maintainable, fix longstanding bugs etc.

I'm not concerned about the stuff in test/ as that is not really that useful
to the end user.

I found these other files in utils though:

av7110_loadkeys/av7110_loadkeys.c
av7110_loadkeys/input_fake.h

These were written mainly by Holger Waechtler.. unfortunately I don't have any
contact details for him. Contributors: Holger Waechtler, Oliver Endriss,
Johannes Stezenbach, and myself (very small compile fix from me).

ttusb_dec_reset.c
This was written by Alex Woods, I dont have a contact for him either
unfortunately. (He is the sole contributor, apart from a small compile fix by
me).

dib3000.h
dib3000-watch.h
dib-i2c.h

dib3000-watch.c has a GPL header. Patrick, I basically just wanted to check if
it was ok to apply that same header to these other three files?