[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

CityK CityK at rogers.com
Tue Nov 21 23:50:58 CET 2006

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> these em28xx devices should be around in US:
>
> 1. Hauppauge  -em2883 (NTSC(tvp5150)/ATSC(lgdt3303)/extra
> usbaudio(ep 0x83))
> 3. elgato  -  em2883 (NTSC(tvp5150)/ATSC(Samsung)

Are the elgato EyeTV Hybrid and Hauppauge HVR-950 not one and the same
device?  i.e. are you sure that they actually use different digital
demodulators?

Interesting to note that the A/V breakout cables shown on the elgato
website are identical to that shown on the Pinnacle webpage with their
product ...yet the cable in Erik's pictures is clearly not the
same.....(unlike egato, Hauppauge doesn't display a A/V cable on their
webpage...not even certain if they include a cable with purchase, as
they don't seem to make mention of it). Linkage:
-
http://elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyetvhybridna&PHPSESSID=ac31cea9e8d09c43177ab5ec633b2126
-
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+HD+Pro+Stick.htm
- http://erik.wanderings.us/pub/PCTVHDPro/PDRM1158.JPG
- http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hvr950.html

Lastly, I rather suspect that the Geniatech "HDTV THRILLER USB U6010A",
which is appearing for sale by an Atlanta based ebay seller, is likely
related to either the elgato/Hauppauge or Pinnacle design/device.  Linkage:
- http://www.geniatech.com/pa/u6000a.htm
-
http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Generation-ATSC-HDTV-USB-tuner-w-NSTC-TV-card_W0QQitemZ290052869082QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3761QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers