[linux-dvb] CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

Sven Lankes sl at killefiz.de
Fri Nov 24 12:56:16 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:40:53AM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

>> I have uploaded the resulting file (1.6 mb) to
>> http://killefiz.de/tmp/sat1comedy.mpg if that helps.

> According to dvbsnoop, the stream is still scrambled.
[...]
> There is obviously a ca_system_id match between the channel and the CAM, but
> that doesn't necessarily mean the cam can decrypt it: the subscription might
> not contain that channel.

I can watch the channel just fine using the set-top receiver I got from the
cable company.

> Is this CAM with the same subscription card able to decrypt that channel
> anywhere else?

I have no way of trying that. The few people I know who do have a
digital cable subscription (not very common yet) all have receivers
without CI-slots.

I'll take my CAM and the smartcard to the dealer I bought the stuff at
and see if he can test.

--
sven