[linux-dvb] CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 15:13:11 CET 2006

On 11/24/06, Sven Lankes <sl at killefiz.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:40:53AM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>
> >> I have uploaded the resulting file (1.6 mb) to
> >> http://killefiz.de/tmp/sat1comedy.mpg if that helps.
>
> > According to dvbsnoop, the stream is still scrambled.
> [...]
> > There is obviously a ca_system_id match between the channel and the CAM, but
> > that doesn't necessarily mean the cam can decrypt it: the subscription might
> > not contain that channel.
>
> I can watch the channel just fine using the set-top receiver I got from the
> cable company.
>
> > Is this CAM with the same subscription card able to decrypt that channel
> > anywhere else?
>
> I have no way of trying that. The few people I know who do have a
> digital cable subscription (not very common yet) all have receivers
> without CI-slots.
>
> I'll take my CAM and the smartcard to the dealer I bought the stuff at
> and see if he can test.
>
> --
> sven

Have you checked if the cam menu has a setting to set your STB serial
number? With my cam (t.rex) I had to enter the box serial number
before I could decrypt certain channels.

gnutv has a option to enter cam menu, there might be other interesting
options in there too, I dont use that as I have a CAS Interface which
has a pcmcia slot and can host a cam, as well as being able to update
its firmware using a fake smartcard.

Andy