[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Nov 25 21:37:28 CET 2006

En/na Manu Abraham ha escrit:

>> Just a (first ;-) question (since you have seen the documentation): do
>> you see this device as fitting the current dvb-usb infrastructure?
>
> Yes, it would fit in a very nice way, such that no firmware would be
> necessary.

I'm confused: in apollo.cpp the initialize function initializes
firmware_ to defaultFirmware_ (defined in firmware.h) and if it is not
null (which I suppose it isn't) it calls ApolloLoadFW which in turn
calls usbLoadFirmware (defined in bus/usb.cpp) if the default bus is in
use).

> There are two parts specific to the err .. documentation, the bus
> specific part and the demod specific. In there it is all depicted as
> just one. You need to separate it out a bit.

I wonder if we're seeing to the same documentation (or it's simple me
that cannot make heads or tails of it).
I guess I'll have to use usbsnoop to see what the windows driver is
actually doing.

--
Luca
¡