[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Nov 27 15:27:17 CET 2006

En/na Stephen Strowes ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 20:24 +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> I just contacted them and they replied (not with the specifications,
>> though, they just asked me if I wanted to write a driver for my own use
>> or to publish it).
>> I hope they'll reply with some info.
>
> That's interesting, because they didn't reply to me at all.

Maybe I've just been lucky, I contacted them through the only email
address I could find on their site (the sales department), and they
forwarded it to the guy developing the drivers.

> Would you mind sending me the information they gave you? Or are you
> still awaiting confirmation on any restrictions on that documentation?

They finally told me that the documentation isn't public, so I cannot
send it to you, sorry :-(
I can publish the firmware and the driver, however that'll be a long way
coming, since I spent the best part of the weekend just to make (almost)
everything else work with a kernel needed by the current dvb tree, my
laptop is broken, the replacement one is slow as hell (not that my usual
one is a speed demon) and my hair is turning grey ;-)
Do you want me (or Manu, since my contact knows him very well) to ask
them if I can forward you the documentation?

Bye
--
Luca