[linux-dvb] PCTV USB Stick artifacts

Federico Quagliata federico at quagliata.org
Tue Nov 28 00:06:06 CET 2006

I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Newb and SqEyes on

        http://tinyurl.com/y58pej

explain it very well...

SqEyes says:
"I have a Pinnacle PCTV USB DVB-T Stick (detected as Zarlink). With Kaffeine
I get artifacts every 2 seconds or so, typically only a few lines of
blocking, but sometimes distorting the whole picture. Each time the
distortion lasts about 1/3 of a second, and sort of fades in and out during
that time."

I also personally tried with VLC and Mplayer and it doesn't solve the
problem.

Someone managed to solve this problem?

Greetings,
Federico