[linux-dvb] Re: PCTV USB Stick artifacts

Federico Quagliata federico at quagliata.org
Tue Nov 28 00:32:53 CET 2006

Markus Rechberger wrote:

> Artifacts are caused by a bad signal usually, though I tested it for
> beeing sure about this. The device works fine.

Mine doesn't. Signal and SNR are ok, it works smoothly on my Windows laptop.

On Linux it does work, but I get a kind of passing distortion on the image
and some disturbing audio  clicks.

Though it could look like a signal problem, I can differentiate them from
bad signal noise.

I noticed that this disturb is present exclusively on 8mhz UHF muxers.
I can receive one 7mhz mux and it has not problems, even with lower SNR.

> If you'd follow the original installation instruction it might work
> properly. http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Em2880

I already followed these instructions.
I use kernel 2.6.18.2, and your latest stable v4l-dvb-kernel.

> Markus

Thanks for the quick feedback,
Federico
--