[linux-dvb] [P7131 Dual] scan : tuning failed

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Thu Nov 30 12:33:23 CET 2006

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.11.2006, 01:43 +0100 schrieb Hartmut Hackmann:
> Hi,
>
> tomlohave at gmail.com wrote:
> >

> >> I also tested with the file modified according to the trick of Hermann
> >> Pitton (add a positive offset of 167000Hz) :
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Try with + 166000 Hz if you are in france
> >
> > look here : http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/materiel/tnt
> >
> > This can help you.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom.
> >
> An additional hint:
> There are 2 variants of this card, one is without firmware eeprom.
> Are there messages regarding invaid firmware in the kernel log after
> you tried to tune the first time?
> If yes, you need a recent snapshot from http://www.linuxtv.org/
> and a firmware image according to the instructions.
>
> Best regards
>    Hartmut

he is using the recent master repo and I pointed to the firmware
difference already. (p7131 udev problem 4 weeks back)

Also Frederic knows of this one report on this new card revision he has,
accordingly the automated switch to the FM/RF antenna input in dvb-t
mode doesn't come through. Still a radio app needs to be used once
before to make it happen was said. I asked him for confirmation/testing,
since this is strange enough.

To set all to auto in the initial scan file(s), except bandwidth, might
be also worth a try as always.

Cheers,
Hermann