[linux-dvb] Switching tuner to analogue mode on Compro VideoMate DVB-T300

Tomislav Bodor tbodor at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 1 15:30:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am having problems getting the DVB-T300 to switch to analogue mode
once the digital part of the tuner has been accessed. The only way I
found seems to be to unload the saa7134-dvb module and reload saa7134.
I'm using the drivers from vanilla 2.6.18 kernel, but I checked the
relevant sections (see below) against mercurial and they seem to be the
same.

Now, I have had a look at how this is supposed to be switched back to
analogue and have found the sleep function (the one used for DVB-T300 is
philips_europa_tuner_sleep) and the way it's called from dvb_frontent.c
after dvb_shutdown_timeout expires. This all seems to work (and the
sleep function is called correctly), but the tuner stays in digital mode.

Does anyone have an idea why this might not work? Maybe the i2c messages
are wrong for this card? Unfortunately this is all completely new to me,
but I'm happy to test any patches :)

Regards,
Tomislav